The next
day, I do not remember whether it was on the phone or in the office that she
shared the reason. On the day we had Maaza, a sweet mango drink, I had kidded with her that
if she would sip it, it would become much sweeter. On becoming aware of her reason, I responded,
“Is that it? It’s just a joke I heard in the team. I didn’t intend it that
way.”
I find it strange
that she did not feel the urge to complain about it immediately or soon
thereafter. It’s surprising that she had to wait for more than ten months to
consider it as worthy of being reported to HR (Human Resource). It is obvious
that there were other factors which influenced her to revive the annoyance she
felt about the statement.
The purpose of this book is to expose those individuals who conspired and the events which transpired that led to the complaints and after.
However,
this stupidity of mine had laid a seed which would soon flourish and make me
eat its sour fruit. Later in her complaint, she would refer to this statement
and accuse me of harassment. What I spoke, during a moment of lapse, in
September of 2004 would come to haunt me in August of 2005.
The purpose of this book is to expose those individuals who conspired and the events which transpired that led to the complaints and after.
No comments:
Post a Comment