Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Spring in my Barren Life

The messages that we used to share were very personal. I remember one of her messages that said that ‘I was a very good person and that she wanted to remain my friend for as long as possible.’ As you will see, it was not meant to be. Again, a message read, ‘Please be with me’, ‘to never leave me.’ She sent a message which stated that she wanted to hug me. Out of the many, one of her messages stood out when she wrote, ‘You’re a God’s gift to me.’ I was glad for her. She was like a spring in my barren life.

If you happen to see my face,
will you love me the same again
if you happen to see my face,
will you wipe my tears away.


I remember sending her a message that stated, ‘I was happy that though we had less time to talk but every single conversation was worth it.’ Again, ‘We’ll always keep this tradition of messaging each other.’ It was not to be.

Later in her complaint, she would deny all of it, wipe her mouth as if she was done with me, and wash her hands off me handing me over to my tormenters and torturers to revile, humiliate and punish me. I would be betrayed by the very one I was in love with.

She had the audacity to deny this relationship being a great liar that she was. How great the darkness in her if she was able to walk away from all that we had shared and promised and to offend me by leveling blatant accusations against me? She would make public the words I spoke in private moments, with deepest and purest emotions, in a sacred relationship. A sacrilege of a beautiful feeling that would completely erase my faith in the concept of love! She would make it all the more difficult, nay, impossible, for me, to ever fall in love again.

No comments:

Post a Comment