Monday, January 14, 2013

The Beginning of a New Chapter

The more I tried to keep a distance, the more I found her attractive. However hard I resisted, I was only drawn closer to her. It was so refreshing to just look at her. I wanted her but I didn’t want it to be obvious. I was conscious to not show any special attention to her lest she would sense that I was all over her. I had too much ego for that. Strange are the ways of a man around a beautiful girl! But that was about to change.

I was the liveliest person in our group. We used to have lot of fun during the breaks. This helped us to bond with each other. One day, as I and Falak sat in the cafeteria, waiting for other members of the group to join, we quickly exchanged our phone numbers. That was the beginning of a new chapter in my life. I was thrilled to have found a friend in such a beautiful and attractive girl. However, I was still scared, apprehensive and hesitant to go all out in this new relationship. I had too much baggage of old unhealed scars and disturbing memories to deal with before I could give my best to her. I was about to pile up more to my existing baggage.

At the very beginning of our association I made it clear that I wouldn’t be able to talk to her on the floor, for if our colleagues ever got a scent of our relationship, would create misunderstanding between us and that would be an end to it. I was very well aware of the envy and destructive mentality of my colleagues. Since my college days itself, I had been a victim of it in my relationships which would end abruptly, thanks to my jealous friends.

I requested her to keep it as confidential as possible. We began to message and during the weekends would talk on the phone. We were able to keep our relationship secret as none of my team members or anyone from her training batch, ever, got a hint of it. Except for a few occasions, though we had our systems next to each other, we would rarely express our emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment