Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Fresh Lease of Life

In May 2005, I emailed the report with the screen shots to Kalmer Sharma, Operation Manager, requesting him to consider taking action against Fang. I was not after Aman but Fang, who should have known the severity of his fault. This was after I had a private meeting with Kalmer. To our relief, immediately an action was taken and by the end of May, Fang was taken off our team and was given another team to take care of. With his departure, we got a fresh lease of life.

Looking back, I feel sorry for those times that Aman had to endure. It would have shattered anyone but she was a strong person. She silently suffered through the whole period trying hard just to stay afloat. I knew the hardships she had faced in her life. She just clung to the job knowing how important it was to her survival. She struggled hard to find a foothold in the system. I do not know if she had realized her folly of having resorted to unethical means to rise higher up the ladder of success. No one does. Soon another ‘Aman’ would arrive with the same motive and motto of success to turn the tables on me.

I continued to have a strained relationship with Dakur. I wasn’t on good terms with him. The management had reprimanded him for his failure to take action. I believe this was when he must have sworn to himself of revenge. Soon, he would have someone, willing to offer her shoulder, to let him avenge himself against me. Boy! Was he thankful to her? I bet he did. We’ll see that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment