I was
smitten by her beauty. I wouldn’t even dare to look at her afraid of being
thought of as a cheap guy. Whether it was to retain my respect, seniority and
integrity or to attract her towards me, I don’t know. Though, I prefer to go
with the later thought. I secretly observed and admired her beauty.
Within a
few days of her hitting the production floor, IBM organized a small party and I
believe it was during the party I got introduced to her. I was in awe of her
beauty. From the corner of my eye, I observed her seated at a distance with a
guy from her training batch. I envied him!
Meanwhile,
my team mates, Prerna Sharma and Pahari Singh, were good friends. They both were
top in production. My fort was quality and product information and thus was
considered the best in product knowledge which, later, the members of other
teams too would come to recognize and appreciate (vanities of all vanities!).
Pahari,
wanting to retain the top slot, felt challenged by Prerna increasing her
production and they stopped seeing eye-to-eye. I would take break with Prerna,
Gaurav, and Priyanka. Thus, Pahari was out of the group.
Falak and Priyanka became friends as they stayed in the same society and Falak would tag along with her during our breaks. That is how she came to take break with us. She became an exception as no one else was allowed to join our close knit group.
That she was able to penetrate our closed group gave her an advantage and edge over other members as she was now seen as an important member in the team. She would soon capitalize on her special status.
No comments:
Post a Comment